Brian Garvin of B. Garvin Sourcing offers his tips for the best China sourcing practices.
• Don’t hope that a manufacturer knows what you want. Walk away knowing everything has been clearly communicated.
• Contracts in China mean something now. China takes intellectual property seriously know, so have a good, bilingual contract.
• Have a roadmap. Know how your product will be made from initial concept to design to manufacturing.
• Finding the right supplier means doing due diligence. Manufacturers should have references and bank accounts in their own name. You should also make sure a supplier can make exactly what you want in the quantities you need.
• Specificity is key. Communicating precisely what you want in quality and materials using industry standards will affect the final product.
Free Email Updates
Get the latest content first.
Congratulations. Welcome to the family.